Google sitelinks – How to get for your website
It is a big question. And the answer is simple. You can’t ask Google to set site links for you in SERPs. It is determined by the so called Google algorithms . Any way Google gave you the right to block the URLs you want to remove. You can do this in webmaster tools . Now mail factor of the selection is link popularity.
Facts depending on site link
- You must have a stable position on SERP for that keyword.
- Your website should have at least two years of age. It seems that younger websites don’t get Sitelinks.
- The number of search and number of clicks for a keywords may be considered. Keywords that aren’t searched often enough don’t get sitelinks.Your website has to get many clicks for the keyword by other means.
- The anchor key that other sites used to link to your website is also considered. (Anchor text is still important ? )
Now its my turn. I will tell you how to get sitelinks for your website. Of course, not a rocket science 🙂
While we can make only educated guess, we may can follow some guidelines to show the importance of links in our website.
- Create structured navigation using HTML with clean hierarchy.
- Use unordered listing (ul) to arrange the links. Use CSS to display and style the navigation. Don’t give so many links with same priority ( Limit the number of links in the main navigation.) May be you can give sub navigation using CSS menus .
- Brand the website with a unique name.
- If the name is too generic, no matter what we do, the click through rates on natural search may not be very good, because the user will have too many choices on the SERP for similarly named sites. Google probably won’t give Sitelinks to a site that is just average for a particular search term. We want to be the overwhelming first choice.
( example : “imthi” there is no chance of some once else getting a rank for that keyword than imthi.com .)
- Add a very useful title and meta description.
- As the click through rate is important, user should get good idea about the page from SERP itself.
- Make the site more useful.
- Even if the information that visitor want is not there in the page, have a link to where they can seek the information. At least have a Google web search option. Because http referral may can help you which is better than close.
- Site age
- We can not increase age 🙂 but may be we can have old domain names if you have money for it.
- Link building
- Get linked by forums and other blogs in the same niche with the keyword as anchor text.( The main sitelink on imthi.com is “WordPress PDA & iPhone Plugin” for which he is getting huge traffic because of link from wordpress plugin directory for his PDA plugin )
Now the wrap.
Never be link miser. Do I need to say ” Don’t be link spammer” too ?. Any way, most of users believes that sitelinks signify some importance. And it is nice to have site links for website :). You can find more information about sitelinks on SEO by the sea blog.
Seriously, don’t ask me anything about this yahoo 🙂
Fantastic Article! Especially when you mentioning the normal myth of this issue. Thanks for the info.
Fine Information … Could u please update latest Google Algorithm
I really like this blog, please keep posting.
In internet marketing, when done the right way, you definitely can produce an exceptional success. The greatest internet marketing tip that works like magic is keep working and trying, that’s the real fundamental element to achieve your way to success.
You really make good articles I would say. This is the first time I visited your site and so far I am impressed with the research you made to make this article awesome. Good Job!
Great blog. I truly have studied quite a few blog posts, but they rarely provide the kind of information that you do.
Thank you for this unique blog post. Sometimes, the best information come from the blog posts one would not expect. Until now, I decided not to give whole lot thought to writing comments on weblog posts and have left feedback even less. Looking at your valuable information, will probably help me to take action more regularly.
Thanks for posting this, it’s just what I was googling. This is why I like blogs, you get a personal opinion from someone rather than a corporation trying to sell you on something, or an idea. I’ll be reading your blog more often!
ceers bro for writing on it are there feeds to your blog? I’d like to save them
Doing keyword research should be an simple task, but it may require an extensive research. A great keyword tool will produce results easier. It also it’s easier if the niche you are exploring is one that you are fanatic about.
Great article, I am always looking for ways to add backlinks, increase my SEO and get indexed higher in search engines so that I can report back to my readers what works best. Would you be interested in exchanging backlinks? Please let me know via e-mail. Thanks!
Can you please tell me more about SEO?I happened to read this blog and it is very interesting.
@jonny i am not sure thats true
Could you go into more detail on this? Btw, the advice you gave me is really good.
Terrific blog, I really enjoy reading. Unfortunately the pictures are not showing. Can you please check?