Yesterday, I came across articles about recovering lost phones. That made me think of “What if I lost my iPhone?” Till today, I haven’t done any preoccupation to prevent my iPhone from losing it or a way to get it back once its lost. So I tried on several options to track the phone remotely. Find My iPhone official Apple does a great job. But what if the iPhone is not connected to internet?
As said, most people including me don’t always have wifi connected. Specially when we are on road and that’s where phone is mostly gonna get disappeared. And I keep cellular data turned off on iPhone because it drains battery easily and costs me even if I don’t do anything. (It keeps checking mails and updates)
Then I came across a jaw dropping featured iPhone app for tracking location. iLocalis. It has everything that Find iPhone app promises, and does a lot more.
- Track phone using remote SMS commands
- Notify friends nearby
- Initiate Call remotely ( You can make phone calls from iPhone to any number from a web interface )
- Remote backup ( Never lose your data even if you lose your phone )
- Alert Zones ( Know when ever they come to your area )
- Remote audio recording – A real spy on your phone who send you Thief’s secret talk to your email
- Remote iPhone lock
Another very cool feature is that, you can update your location data to Google Latitude in real time. This helps users with old iPhone to use Google Latitude functionality as official app requires latest iOS.
Wait no more, download iLocalis from cydia. Here is how to do that. Tell me about your lost phone story 🙂